Our Values- We Believe That…
- Every young person has the right to the best possible life opportunities, irrespective of their background, and that education provides that opportunity – education changes lives
- Effective school leadership is central to students’ success and skilful school leaders know how to grow others. School leadership is a privilege which is both challenging and enriching and which teaches us so much about young people, our staff, parents and ourselves. We are stewards of our schools and the power that this brings needs to be handled with integrity and care.
- School leadership needs to reflect the diverse communities that they serve. This demands a challenge to the status quo of school leadership which currently shows an imbalance in the ethnicity and gender of headship
- Networks of headteachers and school leaders are key to problem-solving and growing leadership teams. We are the best people to lead the professional development of our school’s leaders
What Makes Us Different
- We are successful and experienced headteachers who understand the leadership landscape because we have had a national as well as local brief. We believe that school leaders themselves have the expertise to develop the next generation of headteachers
- We have national leadership responsibilities and have developed a large network of school leaders who have a range of expertise to share across the network
- Our own professional and personal backgrounds ensure that we are able to draw on an eclectic approach to leadership development
- We are specialists in developing and delivering professional development for women school leaders. With over forty years’ experience of research and engagement in addressing gender and diversity inequality in education we have developed a portfolio of CPD programmes and workshops specifically for women leaders
- We make a commitment to honouring and naming others’ work, being particularly mindful of the often invisible work of marginalised groups.
- Carol Jones chairs the Leading Women’s Alliance and steers the Leading Women to Headship Strategic Plan, ensuring that the work of the Alliance is cited as a collaborative endeavour
- We are independent and therefore accountable only to our own clients, their schools and their pupils and students, not government, national or commercial organisations.
- We are eternally optimistic and pride ourselves on supporting our clients through any challenge with integrity and compassion